[Here is the Details:]
This policy describes how CINESTAR Cinemas collects, processes uses and discloses your personal information as a data controller, when you contact us, use our services or interact with our platforms including websites and mobile apps (together "Platforms").
WHAT THIS POLICY COVERS
• Sets out the types of personal information we collect;
• explains how and why we collect and use your personal information;
• explains when and why we may share personal information within CINESTAR Cinemas and with other organizations;
• explains how we protect the personal information we collect
• explains the rights and choices you have in relation to your personal information. This Policy applies if you use our services (referred to in this Policy as “our Services”). Using our Services means:
• Buying / Ordering services or products from any of our subsidiaries over the phone, in-store, or online
• Using any of our platforms, including website, public Wi-Fi networks, or our mobile application
This Policy also applies if you contact us or we contact you about our Services.
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
WHEN YOU REGISTER FOR OUR SERVICES, WE MAY COLLECT:
• Your personal details, including your postal and billing addresses, email address(es), phone number(s), date of birth, gender, and passport or ID number
• Your account login details, such as your username and the password (encrypted) that you have chosen.
• Your interests, preferences, income, and other profiling information.
WHEN YOU SHOP WITH US ONLINE, BROWSE OUR WEBSITES, USE OUR MOBILE APPS, OR CONNECT TO WI-FI NETWORKS WE PROVIDE, WE MAY COLLECT:
• Information about your online purchases (for example: what, when, where you ordered/bought and how you paid);
• Information about your online browsing behavior on our Websites, Mobile Apps and public networks and information about when you click on one of our adverts (including those shown on other organizations’ websites);
• Information about devices you have used to access our Services (including the make, model and operating system, IP address, browser type and mobile device identifiers); and
• Information about your precise geo-location.
WHEN YOU CONTACT US OR WE CONTACT YOU OR YOU TAKE PART IN PROMOTIONS, COMPETITIONS, SURVEYS OR QUESTIONNAIRES ABOUT OUR SERVICES, WE MAY COLLECT:
• Personal information you provide about yourself.
• Details of emails and other digital communications we send to you including information about the emails you open and links in them that you click on.
• Your feedback and contributions to customer surveys and questionnaires.
OTHER SOURCES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may also use personal information from other sources, such as specialist companies that supply information, online media channels, our partners and public registers. We may collect the following types of personal information about you from other sources: contact details, credit history, purchases, interests, preferences, or other types of publicly available information. This other personal information helps us to:
• review and improve the accuracy of the data we hold.
• improve and measure the effectiveness of our marketing communications, including online advertising.
We may be required by law to collect personal information about you or as a consequence of any contractual relationship we have with you. If you choose not to provide your personal information to be used in accordance with this Policy, you will still be able to visit our Platforms but you may not be able to access certain options, products or services, and in some cases we may not be able to fulfill a service you request.
WHY AND HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
MAKE OUR SERVICES AVAILABLE TO YOU
We use your personal information to provide the services you have requested, including:
• Processing your orders and refunds.
• Managing the accounts you hold with us.
This is so we can provide the services to you in line with our contractual obligations to you.
PERSONALIZE YOUR EXPERIENCE
We may use your personal information to personalize the marketing messages we send to you and to make them more relevant and interesting, as this is in our legitimate business interests. Where necessary we will obtain your consent first. We may use your personal information for this purpose in the following ways:
• Using your online browsing behavior as well as your in-store and online purchases to help us better understand you as a customer and provide you with personalized offers and services;
• Providing you with relevant marketing communications (including by email, post, telephone, SMS, or online advertising), relating to products and services we offer, and those of our suppliers and partners. As part of this, online advertising may be displayed on Our Websites and on other organizations’ websites and online media channels. We may also measure the effectiveness of our marketing communications and those of our suppliers and partners;
• To help us to better understand you and provide you with services and marketing communications, that are relevant to your interests, we combine personal information we collect when you make purchases in-store with personal information collected from our Websites, Mobile Apps and other sources including the different subsidiaries under CINESTAR Cinemas.
CONTACT AND INTERACT WITH YOU
We may use your personal information when we communicate with you, in order to:
• Contact you about our Services, for example by phone, email or post or by responding to social media posts that you have directed at us;
• Manage promotions and competitions you take part in, including those we run with our suppliers and partners;
• Invite you to take part in and manage customer surveys, questionnaires and other market research activities carried out by CINESTAR Cinemas and by other organizations on our behalf.
It is in our legitimate business interests that we are able to provide you with appropriate responses and provide you with notice about our services.
SHARING PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may share your personal information with third parties under the following circumstances:
We may share your personal information with other companies that sell products through our Services ("Retail Partners"). We only share personal information that enables our Retail Partners to provide their services. For example, when you shop online or in-store we will give the relevant Retail Partner your name, contact details, and address so that they can deliver your items.
We work with carefully selected Service Providers that carry out certain functions on our behalf. These include, for example, companies that help us with technology services, storing and combining data, processing payments and delivering orders. We only share personal information that enables our Service Providers to provide their services.
Some of the Service Providers we work with operate online media channels, and they place relevant online advertising for our products and services, as well as those of our suppliers and our Retail Partners, on those online media channels on our behalf. For example, you may see an advert for our products and services when you use a particular social media site.
SHARING PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH OTHER ORGANISATIONS
We may share personal information with other organizations in the following circumstances:
• if any applicable law or a public authority says we must share the personal information;
• if we need to share personal information in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (this includes providing personal information to others for the purposes of preventing fraud and reducing credit risk);
• To an organization we sell or transfer (or enter into negotiations to sell or transfer) any of our businesses or any of our rights or obligations under any agreement, we may have with you too. If the transfer or sale goes ahead, the organization receiving your personal information can use your personal information in the same way as us
• To any other successors in title to our business.
• To anyone to whom we transfer or may transfer our rights and duties under our agreement with you.
We operate channels, pages and accounts on some social media sites to inform, assist and engage with customers. We monitor and record comments and posts made on these channels about us so that we can improve our services. CINESTAR Cinemas is not responsible for any information posted on those sites other than information we have posted ourselves. We do not endorse the social media sites themselves or any information posted on them by third parties.
COOKIES AND SIMILAR TECHNOLOGIES
IMPROVE THE WAY OUR WEBSITES AND MOBILE APPS WORK
IMPROVE THE PERFORMANCE OF OUR WEBSITES AND MOBILE APPS
Cookies can help us to understand how our Websites and Mobile Apps are being used, for example, by telling us if you get an error messages as you browse. These Cookies collect data that is mostly aggregated and anonymous.
YOUR CHOICES WHEN IT COMES TO COOKIES
GOVERNING LAW AND DISPUTE RESOLUTION
This policy is governed by the laws of Islamic Republic of Pakistan. Any disputes arising thereof, or connected thereto shall be settled by the Pakistani courts between CINESTAR Cinemas and you.